Toorak Capital Partners is an integrated correspondent lending platform that acquires business purpose residential, multifamily and mixed-use loans throughout the U.S. and the United Kingdom. Headquartered in Summit, N.J., Toorak Capital Partners acquires these loans directly from a network of private lenders on a correspondent basis.
Toorak is seeking a Loan Acquisition Specialist for our expanding team.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in frontline underwriting and/or the oversight of residential loan level underwriting and mortgage due diligence. Experience in both pre-purchase credit quality control, pre-purchase valuation reconciliation and expert knowledge surrounding all aspects of the mortgage review and acquisition process. Candidate should have a deep understanding of various product guidelines including Non-QM, DSCR and Business Purpose. Candidate with previous experience working for an aggregator a plus.
• Manage day to day point of contact with our lender partners to provide superior customer service
• Oversee third party diligence across both flow, bulk and mini bulk purchases
• Collaborate with Credit and Asset Management teams as needed to help sellers with scenario and exception questions and post purchase service
• Contribute to managing diligence on securitizations
• Coordinate operational aspects of the loan buying process
• Oversee third party diligence pre-close review process between the seller, vendor and other intermediaries
• 5+ years underwriting multiple products including Non-QM, Bridge, SFR and other residential mortgage loans
• Knowledge of appraisal valuations and reviews
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize accordingly
• Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with Senior Management regarding the progress and results of volume and timelines
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints
• 4-year degree from accredited university required